Saturday, 2 March 2013

Collaborative - D&C/ Photography - Bruce Davidson

Another photographer I came across called Bruce Davidson who's famous for producing documentary style work, capturing events and movements of a period of time.

I particularly like his 1959 photographs of a Brooklyn gang, they show young individuals growing up in a neighbourhood in New York, the observational imagery is something Emily and I can be inspired by for when we attempt to capture youth in modern day culture.

"I met a group of teenagers called the Jokers," he wrote in the afterword to his seminal book of insider reportage, Brooklyn Gang. "I was 25 and they were about 16. I could easily have been taken for one of them."





Source:http://www.guardian.co.uk/artanddesign/2010/jun/21/bruce-davidson-photography-brooklyn-gang

No comments:

Post a Comment